- Become a CGC member if you are currently not.
- Email the Signature Series team that you will be submitting your signed King Spawn #1 with COA to CGC. They will supply you with a simple form to fill out.
- Get your book ready for shipment. IMPORTANT: keep the COA and the signed King Spawn #1 together. The COA MUSTbe present to receive a CGC Signature Series grade. Don’t forget to add the form, from the Signature Series team!
- On the outside of your shipping box put the initials T M on all sides.
- Ship directly to the Signature Series team’s attention.
5501 Communications Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34240
Each copy of the King Spawn #1 limited quantity Signed 1:250 Retailer Incentive variant will be bagged and boarded and individually signed and numbered by McFarlane. Todd will be flying out to the Diamond headquarters in Baltimore prior to the release to the book and will personally select the best-of-the-best condition comic for each customer to be signed.
Image will be shipping these variants as close to the release date of the regular King Spawn book as possible and will be packing them with additional care that they arrive at stores without damage. Because Image cannot guarantee that shipping damages will not occur in transit, there will be an opportunity for retailers to submit photo evidence of significantly damaged copies to their Diamond Customer Service representative at which point, Todd McFarlane will make every attempt to make sure that every retailer is satisfied with their book. Note that Image does not guarantee any specific condition or minimum grade on the comics received. Damaged copies will also need to be sent back in order to qualify for a replacement.
Todd McFarlane's King Spawn #1 Signed 1:250 Retailer Incentive variant will be the lowest print run ever released by Todd McFarlane Productions. Additionally, each book will be hand-signed by legendary Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and each book will have its own unique number on it. This is the only time McFarlane will sign the King Spawn #1 McFarlane retailer incentive issue. This incentive cover is exclusively offered to retailers that order 250 copies of King Spawn #1.
The release of King Spawn #1 is nearly three decades in the making and marks the first time a #1 Spawn issue has been available, in monthly form, in over 28 years. Issue #1 is a massive 56 pages thick with stunning art and action-packed storytelling.
The King Spawn #1 continues the dramatic events from the recent blockbuster Spawn's Universe #1 comic book. King Spawn is projected to have even higher sales than the record-setting Spawn's Universe #1.
King Spawn #1 McFarlane signature and unique numbering will vary in placement on the actual books from the example revealed. The exact print run number will be available after FOC on Monday, August 2.
- King Spawn #1 Cover A by Lee - Diamond Code JUN210027
- King Spawn #1 Cover B by McFarlane - Diamond Code JUN210028
- King Spawn #1 Cover C by Finch - Diamond Code JUN210029
- King Spawn #1 Cover D by Murphy - Diamond Code JUN210030
- King Spawn #1 Cover E by Capullo - Diamond Code MAY218952
- King Spawn #1 Cover F by Booth - Diamond Code MAY218953
- King Spawn #1 Cover G by Cates - Diamond Code JUN218205
- King Spawn #1 Cover by Capullo retailer incentive cover 1:50 (raw) - Diamond Code - Diamond Code JUN218206
- King Spawn #1 Cover by McFarlane retailer incentive cover 1:250 (signed) - Diamond Code JUN218207
NOTE: THE ABOVE IMAGE IS A SAMPLE & THE NUMBER DISPLAYED IS MEANT ONLY AS AN EXAMPLE ONLY
ABOUT SPAWN, LEGENDARY ARTISTS AND SPAWN CREATOR AND IMAGE COMICS PRESIDENT, TODD MCFARLANE
Todd McFarlane's Spawn is one of the world's best-selling and longest-running monthly comic books, with several hundred million copies sold worldwide in more than 120 countries. In addition, Spawn's Universe #1 is Image Comics' top-selling first issue of the 21st century.
McFarlane's Spawn made history with the release of the historic Spawn #300, and Spawn #301 has earned the Guinness World Records title for the longest-running creator-owned superhero comic book series in the world. The road to McFarlane's history-making comic run began in 1992 when he co-founded Image Comics and the released Spawn #1, still the single-best-selling issue all-time for any creator-owned comic.
The comic became an Emmy Award-winning animated series on HBO and a live-action feature film that grossed $100 million. In addition, McFarlane became a true comic book superstar for his record-setting work on Marvel Comics' Spider-Man franchise, where he co-created Marvel's top villain Venom.
After garnishing prominent success in the comic industry, McFarlane founded the international award-winning McFarlane Toys, one of America's top action figure manufacturers. In 2020, the new release of a Spawn figure on Kickstarter set a new Kickstarter record, in its category, for raising just under $3.5 million in 30 days.
Spawn and all related characters and elements © & ™ TMP
ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of bestselling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has six individuals on the Board of Directors: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino, and Eric Stephenson. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline Comics, Skybound Entertainment, and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit www.imagecomics.com.