Just in Time for Halloween:
Dracula: Son of the Dragon Written by Mark Sable with Art by Salgood Sam
Original graphic novel available October 23rd
Josie and the Pussycats in Space Written by Alex de Campi with Art by Devaki Neogi
Issue #1 available October 23rd
Tremor Dose Written by Michael Conrad with Art by Noah Bailey
Original graphic novel available October 30th
Afterlift Written by Chip Zdarsky with Art by Jason Loo
Issue #1 available October 30th
“October is more than just a time for pumpkin spice everything, it’s a time for reading great horror comics,” says Chip Mosher, comiXology’s Head of Content, who oversees the comiXology Originals program. “October’s debuts are wickedly entertaining and more than a little frightening. There’s the terrifying origin story of the world’s most famous vampire in Dracula: Son of the Dragon, the unexpected locked-door sci-fi mystery of Josie and the Pussycats in Space, a the wildly weird and disturbing psychological thriller about dreams and reality in Tremor Dose. And, of course, the shocking urban supernatural adventure announced at SDCC about a ride-share to a very final destination in Afterlift.”
Get chills on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 with these selections:
● Written by Mark Sable with art by Salgood Sam
● Dracula: Son of the Dragon is part historical fiction, part horror fantasy and tells the blood-soaked
epic of the real-life Vlad the Impaler’s transformation into the vampire Dracula.
● Mark Sable and Max Douglas, aka Salgood Sam, re-unite to tell the story of Vlad Tepes
(Vlad the Impaler, Vlad Drucul), the so-called “historical Dracula”.
But how did this 15th century ruler become the world’s most notorious vampire?
As an adolescent in Wallachia, young Prince Vlad learns hard lessons in
politics and betrayal and is held prisoner of the Ottoman Turks
after being introduced to the Dark Arts at the infamous Scholomance in Transylvania.
To survive he believes he must kill in the name of God in order to serve
the Holy Roman Order of The Dragon—a very secret – but very real –
society both Vlad and his father were members of—but at what cost?
● Written by Alex de Campi with art by Devaki Neogi
● Archie Comics’ musical group Josie and the Pussycats goes on tour for the USO…in space.
● Josie and the Pussycats are the hottest band in outer space! But with fame and fortune comes turmoil as internal conflicts are threatening to tear the group apart. But that's nothing compared to the alien horrors they’re about to encounter as they find themselves adrift in the vastness of space! Even if the Pussycats manage to stick together as a band, will they be able to survive the horrors that await them in the final frontier?
● Written by Michael Conrad with art by Noah Bailey
● Everyone dreams, but are these dreams our own? Who controls our thoughts when we're sleeping? Ginn, is a young college student who has been having wildly disturbing nightmares featuring a man she has never met. When she finds a flyer with his picture and the question, "Have you dreamed this man?" she submits to an interview that begins to unravel her perceptions of reality.
● Noah Bailey creates a unique look with striking black and white imagery, paint, ink, and graphite for the haunting and unusual tale.
Afterlift #1 – 5-issue comic book series
● Written by Eisner Award and Joe Shuster Award winner, Chip Zdarsky, best known for his work on Sex Criminals and Daredevil, with art by Jason Loo, the acclaimed writer and artist of The Pitiful Human-Lizard.
● In Afterlift, Janice Chen is adrift. She quits her day job in finance and signs up to be a driver on a ride-sharing app. But what was at first a mundane but enjoyable way to pass the time takes a terrible turn when a mysterious passenger updates his ride with a very final destination: the afterlife!
Part of the comiXology Originals line of exclusive content, these newly announced titles will be available upon release, at no additional cost, for members of Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, and comiXology Unlimited, and for purchase on Kindle and comiXology. Prime Reading offers all Amazon Prime members a rotating selection of over a thousand top Kindle books, magazines, short works, comic books, children’s books, and more – all at no additional cost. Kindle Unlimited offers over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and select current issues of popular magazines for just $9.99 a month with a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/kindleunlimited. ComiXology Unlimited now offers over 25,000 comics, graphic novels and manga for just $5.99 a month with a 30-day free trial at comixology.com/unlimited.
For more updates on comiXology Originals, check out http://comixologyoriginals.com.
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), is a revolutionary, cloud-based digital comics service. With content from over 125 publishers as well as thousands of independent creators from around the world, comiXology provides an unrivaled library of comic books, graphic novels, manga and bandes dessinées. The company’s first-in-class innovations include the exclusive Guided View technology which provides an immersive and cinematic reading experience and a new monthly subscription service. ComiXology is based in New York City, with operations in Seattle and Los Angeles. For more information, visit comixology.com and follow the company on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.