The Groundbreaking Pop Culture Virtual Event Returns on Friday, October 29
LOS ANGELES 10/04/2021 — THE BIGGEST COMIC BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SEASON IS HERE—exclusively at The Skybound Halloween Xpo on Friday, October 29. This event will stream on Skybound Entertainment’s YouTube and Twitch channels.
What is the top secret, very first LEGO® comic book from the historic partnership between Skybound Entertainment and AMEET Publishing? You’re going to find out here—along with a first look at art from <SPOILER>! Yeah, that’s right, <SPOILER> is the first LEGO comic book and features the return of <OTHER SPOILER>!
This one-day virtual event also brings fans worldwide can’t miss panels from the world of comics, including Comics Vault Live (with exclusive new drops) to the crossover with sneakerheads (sponsored by Whatnot); the stunning new statue from Telltale’s The Walking Dead; a behind-the-scenes look at Skybound Tabletop; the return of ATTACK! With Attack Peter; a deep dive into Latinx representation in Horror; and of course, a not-to-be-missed new episode of Movie Trivia Schmoedown!
The full programming line-up, beginning at 10am PT, includes:
- The Top Secret Skybound & LEGO Panel - No fan can miss the WORLD PREMIERE reveal of the very first LEGO comic book series from Skybound, in partnership with AMEET Publishing. Join writer/artist Tri Vuong (Everyday Hero Machine Boy), Sean Mackiewicz (Skybound SVP/Editor in Chief), Daniel Konstanski (The Secret Life of LEGO Bricks), Hayley Wolfe (AKA Sensei Wolf) and LEGO NINJAGO® series creator and TV show producer Tommy Andreasen and LEGO NINJAGO® producer/Transmedia Tommy Kalmar to discuss building a brand-new comic world brick by brick! Moderated by Eric Huang (VP and Publisher, AMEET).
- Comics Vault Live 210 - Shawn "Big Clutch" Kirkham opens the Skybound vault for this Halloween edition of CVL. Don't miss out on exclusive new drops including The Walking Dead Deluxe #6 Second Printing variants in both Gold Foil Color Cover and Red Foil BW Cover editions; new variants to House of Slaughter #1; and a special Redneck #1 with a new cover by co-creator Donny Cates!
- ATTACK! with Attack Peter - Skybound's Peter Santa-Maria once again invites the Xpo audience inside his workshop to give you an update on everything he's got going and to debut a very spooky print for Halloween!
- Movie Trivia Schmoedown - "Final Girl" One-on-One Match - Two of the Schmoedown's top horror experts will square off in a rapid-fire iron man match all about that famed slasher film trope "The Final Girl"! Who has the intelligence, the wits, the absolute nerves of steel to be the latest Xpo Schmoedown champion?! Tune in to find out!
- In The Bones: A Discussion on Horror in Latinx Culture - Latinx voices in the horror space have been telling some of the most exciting (and scary) stories of the last decade. Join Dani Fernandez with special guests to discuss this explosion of talent and creativity in one of our favorite genres.
- Lee and Clem Tell Tales - The real-life Lee and Clementine—Dave Fennoy and Melissa Hutchison—join Skybound's Woody Tondorf to talk about this legendary duo and the release of our much-anticipated limited edition Lee and Clem statue from Level 52 Studios. The update you've been waiting for!
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Skybound Tabletop - Join the Skybound Tabletop team as they showcase some of their most inventive games to date, from The Walking Dead: Something to Fear to Kim-Joy's Magic Bakery. Also joining them are James Hudson (Senior Director of Skybound Tabletop) and board game aficionado Ruel Gaviola.
- Comics x Kicks - Join some of the most exciting voices in the world of kicks as they discuss how they fell in love with sneakers, their most treasured grails, the similarities to the world of comics and how you can take your first step (pun intended) into the most fashionable fandom of all! Join Chris Chase, Jodi Chase, Tamika Moultrie and more for a can’t miss discussion hosted by Jack DeMayo. Sponsored by Whatnot.
For more info and updates on The Skybound Halloween Xpowww.skybound.com and follow Skybound on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
ABOUT THE LEGO GROUP
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine. The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which mean “Play Well”. Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company headquartered in Billund, Denmark. However, its products are now sold in more than 140 countries worldwide. www.LEGO.com
AMEET is a global publisher of children’s books. With an international sales and editorial team—and an in-house art studio and R&D department—AMEET works closely with publishing partners and booksellers around the world to create unique, high-quality books inspiring imaginative play in over 50 countries. Focused on fostering creativity through hands-on experiences with beloved brands, AMEET is committed to providing fun, educational, and innovative books for the next generation. www.ameet.eu
ABOUT SKYBOUND ENTERTAINMENT
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur.
Skybound holds strategic partnerships across the entertainment industry, and has the in-house capabilities to serve as publisher, producer, and global distributor for tabletop and video games. On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal. Additional partnerships include comic book publishing with Image Comics, book publishing with Simon & Schuster, and a first-look narrative audio deal with Audible. Skybound also houses a variety of unique creators and their IP, including Kristian Harloff and his pop-culture movie trivia platform the Schmoedown Entertainment Network, and printmaking expert Peter Santa Maria’s Attack Peter brand.
ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of bestselling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has six individuals on the Board of Directors: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino, and Eric Stephenson. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline Comics, Skybound Entertainment, and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit www.imagecomics.com.