Elwes, Combs, Ryan, ‘Heroes of Sci-Fi,’ ‘Child Stars Grown Up’ Sessions, Trivia, Screenings, Costume Contests, Kids Programs All Weekend Long At Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, January 3-5
NEW ORLEANS, December 27, 2019—Q&A sessions with the casts of “Smallville” (Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover; women trio of Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance and Laura Vandervoort), “Firefly” duo of Jewel Staite and Sean Maher, “X-Men” voice actors Larry Houston, Chris Potter, Cal Dodd, George Buzza, Lenore Zann and Chris Britton, “Outlander” panel with Sam Heughan and special guests, Ed Speelers, John Bell and Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride), Holly Marie Combs (“Charmed”) and Matt Ryan (“Constantine”), plus cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests, live podcasts and more highlight the programming offerings at the 10th annual Wizard World New Orleans, January 3-5 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission (the Heughan/"Outlander" panel is a notable exception, requiring an additional ticket) and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, trivia, etc. hosted by Kato Kaelin) all weekend.
· Group panels with “Smallville” (Welling, Rosenbaum, Glover, Saturday, 2 p.m.; Kreuk, Vandervoort, Durance, Saturday, 3 p.m.); “Outlander” (Heughan, Speelers, Bell, Doyle Kennedy; Saturday, 11 a.m., Extra Ticket Required), “Firefly” (Staite, Durance; Saturday, 4 p.m.); “X-Men” (Sunday, noon); “Child Stars All Grown Up” (Thomas Ian Nicholas, Patrick Renna, Samm Levine; Saturday, 2:30 p.m.); and “Heroes of Sci-Fi & Fantasy” (Nick Stahl, Jake Stormoen; Sunday, 11:30 a.m.)
· Solo Q&A sessions with Elwes (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Combs (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.); Ryan (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.); and Xander Berkeley (“The Walking Dead,” Sunday, 12:30 p.m.)
Creator sessions with industry superstars Neal Adams, Joe Wos, Dr. Travis Langley, Jim Steranko, Jim Krueger, Well-Bee, Jeremy Clark, Tyler Kirkham, James Morris, Dr. Janina Scarlet, Terry Maggart, John Hallett and more
· Fan- and industry-based panels on subjects ranging from turning a comic into IP for TV/Film, Ghostbusters propping, writing comics, storyboarding, Star Wars, Sci-Fi vision, cult TV shows, foam and Worbla, urban fantasy, swords and spaceships, RPG, Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts, Disney, “Outlander” behind the scenes, Ghosts of NOLA, YouTube, DC Universe, superheroes, burlesque, Star Wars, setting and achieving goals and more, some hosted by Mythbusters’ Rachel Pizzolato and some by Hall of Justice Podcast’s Seth Everett.
· “Smallville Nights,” an intimate evening with Welling and Rosenbaum (Friday, 7:15 p.m.; Extra Ticket Required)
· “X-Men” Masterclass (Saturday, 12:30 p.m., Extra Ticket Required) and Meet and Greet (Saturday, 7:30 p.m., Extra Ticket Required) with the seven “X-Men the Animated Series” cast members
· Dungeons & Dragons with Stormoen (Saturday, 7:30 p.m., Extra Ticket Required)
· Screening of the original film “Louisiana Ghostbusters, Ep 3 - Goodbye Stranger” (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.)
· Exclusive Sneak Peek Preview of the upcoming sci fi/ horror film Uncanny Harbor, featuring cast members Corey Wells, William Cheverie, Reid Sinclair and Elle Matarrazo (Friday and Saturday)
· Kids programming all three days, including free sketches, face painting, hero training, Jedi training, mask making and more
· World-famous Wizard World Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
· Cosplay with special guests Remy Domino, Ineedsugar, Christina Dark, Artemis Wild and more, throughout the weekend
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World New Orleans programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/New-Orleans (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The first event scheduled on the 2020 Wizard World calendar, New Orleans show hours are Friday, January 3, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, January 4, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, January 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World New Orleans is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2020 Wizard World New Orleans, visit http://wizd.me/NewOrleansPR.
About Wizard Entertainment, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard Entertainment, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2020 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/comiccon.