Final season confirmed for December 14, exclusively on Netflix
Today, The Hammerstein Ballroom was packed to the rafters with fans anxiously awaiting a sneak peek at the final season of Voltron Legendary Defender. DreamWorks Animation Television gave fans just that and shared the season 8 premiere date. In this final season, the team is once again put to the test.
- EP Joaquim Dos Santos recalled that during her initial audition, Bex Taylor-Klaus wore a Batman onesie.
- Bex Taylor-Klaus revealed her favorite moment of the series to be the pivotal scene in season one where her character Pidge finally revealed herself to be a girl (an update from the original portrayal in the 1984 series).
- EP's Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos created a special scratch ADR reel that featured several crew member voices in place of the actual voice actors. Following the reel, Dos Santos shared that actor Steven Yeun had even requested one of the unofficial line reads to have as his ringtone.
- Joaquim and Lauren shared that some of their favorite guest stars to be Vince Offer known for the Shamwow, as well as Weird Al Yankovich and Paul Reubens.
- When remarking about how their characters have impacted their lives, Bex Taylor-Klaus said "I'm not quite the Pidge I want to be but I'm confident I'll get there".
Season 8 Synopsis
After saving the Earth, the Paladins embark to prevent Honerva from setting into motion her deadliest plan yet. It’s a race against the clock as the Voltron Coalition gathers from the corners of the galaxy to defend the universe once and for all.