New Orleans, LA (May 2, 2019) – The first-ever Big Easy Con by Leftfield Media, will launch this summer, combining the excitement of the French Quarter with the passion and community of pop culture fandom. The two-day weekend event will celebrate the art of gaming, sci-fi, cosplay, fantasy, and everything in between at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2. Fans will be able to explore hundreds of hours of programs including: celebrity and expert-driven panels discussions; exclusive reveals; cosplay fashion shows; gaming tournaments; iconic pop culture art exhibits; video game showdowns; and a diverse array of activities for fans of all ages.
In its inaugural year, Big Easy Con is celebrating the one-of-a-kind culture and people that make New Orleans one of the best cities in the world. It promises to bring together fans of all ages across the Southeast for a convention unlike any other.
WHEN: Saturday, June 1; exhibit hall hours 10am – 7pm, programming until 10pm
Sunday, June 2; exhibit hall & programming hours 10am – 5pm
WHERE: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Guests from all sides of fandom will gather in New Orleans to meet and take photos with fans, sign autographs and discuss their legendary careers and upcoming projects. Confirmed to date, Big Easy Con is proud to welcome:
- Amy Jo Johnson (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie)
- Lennie James (AMC’s The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Low Winter Sun, Jericho)
- Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- C. Thomas Howell (The Outsiders, Side Out, Asylum Days, The Amazing Spider Man)
- Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Beauty and the Beast, Blade II, Sons of Anarchy)
- Kristin Bauer (True Blood, One Upon a Time, The Crew, Hidden Hills)
- Laurie Holden (AMC’s The Walking Dead, The X-files, The Majestic, The Shield, The Mist)
- Lou Ferrigno (Incredible Hulk)
- Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Superstar Big E™ (WWE®)
- Superstar Xavier Woods™ (WWE®)
- Adam Kubert (X-Men, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Superman, Ghost Rider, Wolverine)
- Charles Soule (Daredevil, She-Hulk, Death of Wolverine)
- Chrissie Zullo (Vampirella, Josie and the Pussycats, Fables: The Wolf Among Us, Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love)
- David Finch (Ultimate X-Men, The Death of Captain America, X-Men: Messiah CompleX, and X-Men: Second Coming)
- Jeff Parker (Agents of Atlas, X-Men First Class, Hulk, Flash Gordon, Batman ’66, Aquaman, Future Quest, Thunderbolts, Justice League United)
- Kyle Starks (Sexcastle, Rock Candy Mountain, Secret Wars, Too, Invader Zim, Rick and Morty)
- Peter Tomasi (Batman and Robin, Robin Rises: Omega, Superman/Wonder Woman)
TICKETS: Single day and full weekend passes are available. Prices increase on April 28.
- Saturday Admission: $40
- Sunday Admission: $35
- 2-Day Weekend Pass: $60
- Premium Weekend Pass: $99
- Kids Admission (ages 3-10): $10; valid for full weekend or any day individually
- VIP passes & experiences range from Fast Pass ($149) to the limited quantity—Ron Perlman Premium Package ($299) and Robert Englund Premium package ($374). Autographs, photo ops, and Q&A session attendance are not exclusive to VIPs. A weekend or single day ticket gets you into 99% of everything at Big Easy Con.
WEBSITE: www.bigeasycon.com is updated regularly with new guests, exciting exhibitors, and special programming.
About Big Easy Con
Big Easy Con is a two-day inclusive pop culture convention celebrating the one-of-a-kind culture and people that make New Orleans one of the best cities in the world. Combining the excitement of the French Quarter with the passion and community of fandom, Big Easy Con will feature stars from television and movies, the biggest names in the comic industry, cosplay superstars, unique exhibits and vendors, and family-friendly programming. Learn more at www.bigeasycon.com.
About LeftField Media
LeftField Media, LLC is an events company focused on developing face-to-face events in a range of communities rooted in contemporary culture and shared passion. LeftField was formed in 2014 by Greg Topalian (President, LeftField Media) and is now owned by Topalian and Clarion Events Ltd. With a keen sense of the evolving needs of businesses and their consumers, as well as new opportunities created by change, LeftField takes a clean slate approach to its work. LeftField’s portfolio includes Awesome Con (awesomecon.com), Washington D.C.’s Comic Con; Rose City Comic Con (rosecitycomiccon.com), in Portland, O.R.; Big Easy Con (bigeasycon.com), in New Orleans, L.A.; and Anime NYC (animenyc.com), a Japanese pop culture festival in New York City. LeftField Media is headquartered in historic Trumbull, C.T. (leftfieldmedia.com).