Black Sunday, Luciano Onetti's Francesca and the 2013
Giallo Homage, Sonno Profondo, and More!
Streaming all things strange | Midnight Pulp
Offering an expertly-curated selection of horror, thriller and cult programming, MIDNIGHT PULP is one of the few streaming outlets online offering the original SUSPIRIA, guaranteed to put an extra chill into this spooky season. In addition to this supernatural classic, MIDNIGHT PULP also offers a coven's worth of Italian horror classics in the GIALLO collection, featuring the best of the Italian horror genre from notable directors like Argento, Mario Bava and Luciano Onetti, and viewers can choose to view on a no-charge freemium model or with an ad-free premium subscription starting at $4.99.
GIALLO Collection titles now available on MIDNIGHT PULP include:
- SUSPIRIA (1977, Director Dario Argento) -- A newcomer to a fancy ballet academy gradually comes to realize that the school is a front for something far more sinister and supernatural amidst a series of grisly murders. Starring Barbara Magnolfi, Flavio Bucci, Jessica Harper, Miguel Bosé and Stefania Casini. (97 minutes)
- BLACK SUNDAY (1960, Director Mario Bava) -- A vengeful witch and her fiendish servant return from the grave and begin a bloody campaign to possess the body of the witch's beautiful look-alike descendant. Only the girl's brother and a handsome doctor stand in her way. Starring Andrea Checchi, Arturo Dominici, Barbara Steele, Ivo Garrani, John Richardson and Mario Passante. (88 minutes)
- FRANCESCA (2015, Director Luciano Onetti) -- Two detectives must hunt down a maniac bent on cleansing his city of impure souls. At the same time, a young girl who'd disappeared 15 years ago mysteriously resurfaces. Could these two events be connected? Gustavo Dalessanro, Luis Emilio Rodrigues, Raul Gederlini and Silvina Grippaldi star. (80 minutes)
- MADHOUSE (1981, Director Ovidio Assonitis) -- Julia has spent her entire adult life trying to forget the torment she suffered at the hands of her twisted twin Mary... but Mary hasn't forgotten. Escaping hospital, where she's recently been admitted with a horrific, disfiguring illness, Julia's sadistic sister vows to exact a particularly cruel revenge on her sibling this year - promising a birthday surprise that she'll never forget. Starring Dennis Robertson, Michael MacRae and Trish Everly. (93 minutes)
- PHENOMENA (1985, Director Dario Argento) -- A young girl, with an amazing ability to communicate with insects, is transferred to an exclusive Swiss boarding school, where her unusual capability might help solve a string of murders. Daria Nicolodi, Donald Pleasence, Federica Mastroianni, Fiore Argento and Jennifer Connelly. (116 minutes)
- SONNO PROFONDO (2013, Director Luciano Onetti) -- A stylish, lush, and lurid film from Argentina, Sonno Profondo faithfully recreates the style of Italian horror films of the 70s. After murdering a woman, a killer that is traumatized from his childhood memories gets a mysterious envelope slipped under his door. The hunter becomes the prey when he finds out that the envelope contains photos that show him killing the young woman. Starring Daiana Garcia, Luciano Onetti and Silvia Duhalde. (67 minutes)
- THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971, Directed by Emilio Miraglia) - A decadent English lord thinks his second wife is his first wife back from the dead. Anthony Steffen, Enzo Tarascio and Marina Malfatti star. (101 minutes)
- YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM AND ONLY I HAVE THE KEY (1972, Directed by Sergio Martino)-- As a string of violent murders plagues the town, a lecherous writer, Oliviero, is visited by his young, beautiful, and self-confident niece, Floriana. A silver-haired stranger observes. More women die, and thoughts of harming his wife give Oliviero new inspiration. What's Floriana's game and who's the observant stranger? Watching all is a black cat named Satan. Starring Anita Strindberg, Daniela Giordano, Edwidge Fenech, Ivan Rassimov and Luigi Pistilli. (97 minutes).
Midnight Pulp is available on the web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV and additional platforms, and features thousands of streaming titles, with new titles programmed each week. Registered users can watch videos for free with commercials while premium subscribers can access the entire selection of titles without commercials, in addition to early releases, director's cuts and exclusive content.
About Digital Media Rights
Based in New York, Digital Media Rights (DMR) is a privately-held digital media and advertising company founded in 2010 by industry veterans Michael Hong and David Chu. As a pioneer in digital distribution, they've helped to transform the industry while evolving to specialize in three distinct areas: Digital Distribution, the DMR Advertising Network and OTT Digital Networks.
DMR is one of the largest content aggregators and distributors in the world with a catalog containing over 7,500 premium titles from 250+ partners across leading television networks, studios, producers and sales agents. Their broad distribution footprint includes direct distribution deals with many leading platforms including Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, Cable VOD, iTunes, Google Play, FandangoNow, Hoopla, Kanopy, Vudu, and many others.
The DMR Advertising Network provides video and display ads via direct sales and programmatic channels across Connected TV, desktop, and mobile. Connecting brands and media buying agencies to relevant audiences across its premium publishers, DMR handles over 500 million ad requests per month globally across all screens, while optimizing ad revenue through its direct relationships with brands, advertising agencies, networks, DSPs, SSPs, and other demand partners.
DMR is also an OTT channel publisher and developer with a suite of five owned and operated over-the-top (OTT) channels that have become leading destinations for their respective genres: AsianCrush (pan-Asian), Midnight Pulp (horror/thriller), Yuyu (general entertainment), Cocoro (kids/family) and KMTV (K-Pop). DMR's OTT channels are available across multiple platforms and devices such as web, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and many leading Smart TVs.
Visit www.digitalmediarights.com for more information.