Upon its launch, The Department of Truth sold over 100K copies—an impressive number which increased over time with word-of-mouth enthusiasm, multiple reprints, industry praise, and critical acclaim from nearly every major outlet from Entertainment Weekly to Forbes.News of The Department of Truth having been picked up by Sister—best known for producing HBO's Chernobyl—only served to further heighten awareness for the popular series.
In The Department of Truth, readers meet Cole Turner, a man who has studied conspiracy theories all his life—but never prepared to discover that all of them are true. From the JFK Assassination to Flat Earth Theory and Reptilian Shapeshifters, one organization has been covering them up for generations. What is the deep, dark secret behind the Department of Truth?
The Department of Truth #1, sixth printing will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, July 28:
- The Department of Truth #1, sixth printing (Diamond Code MAY218753)
- The Department of Truth #1, sixth printing 1:25 copy incentive (Diamond Code MAY218754)
- The Department of Truth #1, sixth printing 1:50 copy incentive (Diamond Code MAY218755)
- The Department of Truth #2, third printing (Diamond Code JAN219073)
- The Department of Truth #3, third printing (Diamond Code JAN219072)
- The Department of Truth #4, second printing (Diamond Code JAN218666)
- The Department of Truth #5, second printing (Diamond Code JAN218665)
- The Department of Truth #6, second printing (Diamond Code JAN219071)
- The Department of Truth #7 (Diamond Code JAN210194)
Select praise for The Department of Truth:
"Genuinely one of the best comics you'll read this year. Do not miss it." --Scott Snyder
“A story for our zeitgeist. Simmonds’ art invokes Bill Sienkiewicz.” --Entertainment Weekly
"A wonderfully dizzy mixture of Men in Black, John Carpenter, Stephen King, The Matrix, and 1970s conspiracy thrillers." --Forbes
"It is FANTASTIC. Can’t wait to read the whole series!" --Patton Oswalt
"A new conspiracy thriller comic that should appeal to anyone with a fondness for The X-Files." --IGN
“Hickmanian conspiracy games, Burroughsian crime, Sienkiewiczian style. The Truth: you want it.” --Kieron Gillen
ABOUT IMAGE COMICS
Image Comics is a comic book and graphic novel publisher founded in 1992 by a collective of bestselling artists. Image has since gone on to become one of the largest comics publishers in the United States. Image currently has six individuals on the Board of Directors: Robert Kirkman, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Jim Valentino, and Eric Stephenson. It consists of five major houses: Todd McFarlane Productions, Top Cow Productions, Shadowline Comics, Skybound Entertainment, and Image Central. Image publishes comics and graphic novels in nearly every genre, sub-genre, and style imaginable. It offers science fiction, fantasy, romance, horror, crime fiction, historical fiction, humor and more by the finest artists and writers working in the medium today. For more information, visit www.imagecomics.com.