HEADLINE SUPPORTING VOICE CAST
FOR WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT’S
BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS
JEFF BERGMAN (JOKER), WALLY WINGERT (RIDDLER),
WILLIAM SALYERS (PENGUIN) COMPLEMENT JULIE NEWMAR’S CATWOMAN TO FORM VILLAINOUS QUARTET IN ANIMATED FILM
The spotlight shines on far more than the core trio of iconic stars of Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. With the likes of primetime television veterans Steven Weber and Thomas Lennon leading the way, the full-length animated feature film boasts a supporting cast of notable voices from across all entertainment mediums and some of the best-loved animated properties.
Adam West (Batman), Burt Ward (Robin) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman) own top billing, but Weber (Wings, iZombie, NCIS: New Orleans) and Lennon (The Odd Couple, Reno 911!) – as trustworthy butler Alfred Pennyworth and Chief O’Hara, respectively – headline an impressive array of actors who were excited to give voice to a role in a Batman film.
In addition to Weber and Lennon, the cast includes:
- Jeff Bergman as the Joker and the revered Announcer. Bergman is well known as a voice of Bugs Bunny for more than a quarter of a century on series like Wabbit: A Looney Tunes Production, The Looney Tunes Show and Tiny Toon Adventures, and has provided a wide variety of impressions of live and animated celebrities (from Fred Flintstone and Homer Simpson to John Goodman and Paul Sorvino) for Family Guy.
- William Salyers as The Penguin. Salyers is the actor behind the beloved Rigby in the longtime animated hit The Regular Show, and has voiced characters in wildly popular video games like Mass Effect 2 & 3, and Fallout 4.
- Wally Wingert as The Riddler. Wingert, an avid Batman ’66 fan, has been featured as Cubot for Sonic Boom, a regular in popular anime series like Bleach and Naruto: Shippuden, and has voiced a plethora of characters (from Austin Powers to The Grinch) for the Family Guy animated series. He maintains a strong connection to the Dark Knight as the voice of Edward Nigma/The Riddler for the Batman: Arkham series of video games.
- Lynne Marie Stewart as Aunt Harriett. Stewart burst on the entertainment scene in the 1970s with roles in American Graffiti, M*A*S*H and Laverne & Shirley. Most recently seen in hit films (Bridesmaids) and TV series (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia), Stewart holds a particular affection in the hearts of Pee-wee Herman fans for her recurring role in the Paul Reubens character’s films and TV series as Miss Yvonne.
- Jim Ward as Commissioner Gordon. Ward has provided voices for hundreds of animated films, TV series and video games, including multiple roles for Ben 10, and as Captain Qwark for Ratchet & Clank. He is well known for voicing Chet Ubetcha on The Fairly Oddparents, and Professor Charles Xavier in Wolverine and the X-Men.
- Sirena Irwin as TV show host Miranda Moore. Irwin is a regular contributor on the ever-popular SpongeBob SquarePants animated series, and has made a pair of notable voice “appearances” in the DC Universe Original Movies Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Superman: Unbound.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders comes to movie theaters for three exclusive showings on Monday, October 10 at 2:00 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time. The following day – Tuesday, October 11 – the film will be available to own on Digital HD, and then Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders arrives November 1 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD.
In addition, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will host the World Premiere of Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders this Thursday, October 6 at New York Comic Con.
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders Synopsis:
It’s back to the 1960s as Batman and Robin spring into action when Gotham City is threatened by a quartet of Batman’s most fiendish foes – Penguin, The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman. The four Super-Villains have combined their wicked talents to hatch a plot so nefarious that the Dynamic Duo will need to go to outer space (and back) to foil their arch enemies and restore order in Gotham City. It’s a truly fantastic adventure that will pit good against evil, good against good, evil against evil … and feature two words that exponentially raise the stakes for both sides: Replicator Ray. Holy Multiplication Tables!
Rick Morales (LEGO® DC Comics Super Heroes – Justice League: Cosmic Clash) directs from a script by Michael Jelenic (Teen Titans Go!) and James Tucker (Justice League vs. Teen Titans). Tucker and Jelenic also serve as Supervising Producer and Producer, respectively, on the film. Sam Register is Executive Producer. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are Executive Producers.